Corning's Gaffer District, 95theMet and 93theDrive are looking for the best bands in the Twin Tiers.
- Starting on March 27, 2019, you can submit your audio entry and artist/band information at 95themet.com.
- Deadline for artist entry is Sunday, April 21, 2019.
- Performers must submit a one-song demo...cover or original song is okay.
- Lyrics cannot contain profanity, derogatory remarks, sexually explicit content or violence.
- Acts can contain anywhere from one (soloist) to five members...band members must provide their own equipment.
- All members of any act must be at least 16 years of age.
- The rock-n-roll genre is encouraged, but all bands are welcome to play any genre of music.
- 10 acts will be chosen to participate in this contest. If more than 10 qualified entries are received there will be a pre-selection process to narrow the field down to 10 act.
- If you are selected to participate, you MUST be available to perform either Thursday, May 2nd or Thursday, May 9th. Efforts will be made to accommodate artist/band schedules however accommodations cannot be guaranteed.
PERFORMANCE JUDGING & CRITERIA
- Each act must play at least 50% covers and also have at least one original song in their performance.
- Preliminary round performances are 30 minutes long.
- Final round performances are 45 minutes long.
- There will be 3 independent judges at each event.
- Acts will be judged on Cohesiveness; Stage Presence; Musicianship; and Creativity using a 1 to 5 scale. 1 being worst and 5 being best.
- There will also be an element of audience participation at each event that will count as 25% of the final score.
- The top 2 cumulative scoring acts will advance from the Preliminary to the Final.
- Any ties will be broken by the band that scores the highest in the musicianship category.