Mark your calendars for GlassFest 2022!
May 26-29, 2022
GlassFest marks the official start of Summer in Downtown Corning. Over the course of four days, Corning's vibrant downtown comes alive with live performances, glass exhibits, art vendors, mouthwatering food and drinks, special shopping promotions, and our annual Memorial Day Salute. With so much going on during the event, we know it can be hard to plan your itinerary, so we created this guide to experiencing GlassFest 2022 just for you!
Attend a live show
It wouldn't be GlassFest weekend without a full lineup of free live music and entertainment! GlassFest 2022 marks the return of the Rock the Park music series presented by Simmons Rockwell. Make sure to plan a stop by Riverfront Centennial Park to experience a mix of performers from around the United States, including Chasing Neon, Claudia Hoyser, and John King.
Live music at GlassFest doesn't stop there. During the event, you'll enjoy live musical performances happening throughout historic Market Street as you shop and dine in downtown Corning. A full list of performances can be found here.
Serious question: Is it actually possible to attend an art festival without leaving with a bag (or 5) of unique finds? We didn't think so either! So, when you attend GlassFest 2022 this year, make sure to check out the many boutiques and art vendors that will be lining historic Market Street.
Insider tip: Some art vendors will be creating one-of-a-kind pieces at their booths, so make sure to have your camera ready!
Immerse yourself in local art
Sometimes it's difficult to determine the soul of a city. However, in the Gaffer District, it's not hard at all: our rich history of glassmaking is rooted in the culture and future of our downtown. During your time at GlassFest 2022, make sure to save some time to discover why we are the Crystal City.
Here are some ideas:
- Attend the Glass Ribbon Cutting at the Corning Museum of Glass to kick off your GlassFest experience on May 26th at 5:30 pm. Plan on coming early to view the exhibits at the Corning Museum of Glass and Rockwell Museum.
- Stroll our tree-lined streets to discover vendors offering live art demonstrations throughout Market Street. Make sure to plan stops at West End Gallery, the Arts Council of the Southern Finger Lakes, and Vitrix Hot Glass Studio as you explore!
- Take one of our Public Art Tours to get the scoop on our murals, architecture, and other public art found throughout the Gaffer District!
- Wander to the Centerway Walking Bridge to view Plein Air Artists at work on Sunday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Explore with your taste buds
It can be hard to quantify how important delicious food is at a festival. But, in the Gaffer District, we use a simple formula: good food + happy people = memories made (It's 100% scientific!).
Here's the inside scoop on food during GlassFest 2022.
- Your favorite Gaffer District restaurants and bars will be open throughout the event. Check out their hours here.
- You'll find food trucks offering carnival foods throughout the event.
- Gaffer District businesses will be offering on-street dining. As of May 4th, the following restaurants and bars will be on the street: Slammin' Jammin' BBQ, Atlas Brick Oven Pizzeria, Liquid Shoes Brewing, Nickel's Pit BBQ, The Quincy Exchange, Little Boomers’ Burrito Bar, The Cellar, Cugini Italian Market & Cafe, Market Street Brewing Company & Restaurant, and The Office.
Grab a few brews
Did you know that downtown Corning has four breweries within a half-mile? Pretty cool, right! So, when you’re feeling parched from your exploration of GlassFest 2022, make sure to grab a brew or two.
Not in the mood for a brewery? You’ll discover places to grab a cocktail or a glass of wine throughout the Gaffer District. Check out a full list here.
Don’t forget: Some of our bars and restaurants will be offering areas to enjoy a drink outdoors during the event!
Celebrate the resiliency of downtown Corning
It's difficult to describe our relationship with the flood of 1972. On the one hand, the flood completely devastated the local community. But on the other hand, the flood of 1972 fueled the revitalization effort that has shaped downtown Corning into the city it is today. So, throughout your time at GlassFest 2022, make sure to not only remember the significant impact the flood had on our area 50 years ago but to celebrate the revitalization effort that stemmed from it.
Bring the whole family
Festivals are better when they're a family affair. So, when you visit GlassFest 2022, make sure to bring the whole family!
Here’s what’s happening for the kids: Everything is free!
- The Kids Zone on Saturday and Sunday presented by the Y at Watson Woods and the Corning Family YMCA. Experience inflatables, games, and arts and crafts.
- Face painting by Jen Sekella.
- Live performances by The Amazing Magic Joe and Marvelous Mutts Canine Spectacular.
- Fireworks! Need we say more? Join us downtown for fireworks on Saturday at 9:45 pm.
Honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice
GlassFest 2022 is a pretty awesome way to spend your Memorial Day weekend. But, let's not forget the true meaning of this holiday. Join us Sunday of the event as we honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country with the Gaffer District's annual Memorial Day Salute.